Business Aviation and Helicopter Finance Vedder Service
The Global Transportation Finance team at Vedder Price enjoys a preeminent worldwide reputation in aviation finance. The team and its individual attorneys have been recognized by numerous publications for their lawyering skills, industry knowledge, practical approach and unparalleled client service. The attorneys on our team represent all participants in business and commercial aviation leasing and finance transactions. Vedder Price has been ranked Band 1 in Private Aircraft (Global-wide) of Chambers High Net Worth, the Chambers guide recognizing the world’s leading high-net-worth advisers, since 2016.
With one of the largest and most experienced Business Aircraft and Helicopter Finance practices in the world, Vedder Price is able to provide counsel in all aspects of business aircraft and helicopter financing transactions, particularly large jet aircraft but also small jets, turboprop aircraft and helicopters. Attorneys in the group are considered to be thought leaders regarding commercial and contract law matters pertaining to aircraft finance and leasing transactions, whether governed by U.S. (e.g., New York) law, English law or the commercial laws of other jurisdictions, or international treaties.
Broad Client Base
Attorneys within the Business Aircraft Finance group represent several of the world’s largest banks, investment companies and other financing providers, domestic and international aircraft and helicopter operating lessors, and export credit agencies. Our clients also include lessees and borrowers and other financing customers, including many of the largest publicly and privately held domestic and foreign companies and many high-net-worth individuals around the world.
Our broad-ranging, extensive and varied experience includes domestic (U.S.) and cross-border single and multi-investor or leveraged financings, “tax” leases, conditional sale and other secured financings, purported “off-balance-sheet” transactions, sale-leasebacks, back-leveraged operating leases, warehouse facilities, residual value guaranties, purchases and sales of single and multiple aircraft and helicopter financings, and financings of flight simulators and other aviation-related equipment. We have developed an extensive network of law firms able to serve as local counsel, and our worldwide experience ensures that our clients’ interests are protected to the fullest extent possible under all applicable legal regimes.
Our transactions often involve third-party arrangements and other sophisticated structural considerations, including chartered and subleased aircraft, fractional-share and pay-card programs, and progress payment, outfitting, completion, refurbishment and other multi-stage financings.
We are also able to leverage the full resources of Vedder Price to provide sophisticated regulatory, operational, tax, securities, commercial enforcement, bankruptcy and other practical guidance and assistance, including synchronizing these considerations with financing and leasing transactions. We have also assisted clients with the following:
- Aircraft and helicopter financings with governmental entities and (U.S.) Indian tribes
- Syndication and capital markets transactions, and portfolio matters, including amendments, assumptions, restructurings, workouts, bankruptcy and lease/loan enforcement
- Sophisticated tax advice in connection with customary and complex leasing, financing, joint venture and international transactions
- New financing products, form document preparation, policy making, implementation and training
- Financings of aircraft involving export credit agencies (ECAs), including the Export-Import Bank of the United States and Export Development Canada, in jurisdictions throughout the world
- Representing lessors and lenders in operating leases with lessees in countries throughout the world, including purchase, delivery and return processes, registration and perfection issues in numerous jurisdictions
- Related regulatory matters including licensing, certification, administrative adjudication, rulemakings, legislation, air service negotiations, enforcement
+65 6206 1315
+ 44 (0)20 3667 2917
+65 6206 1319
+1 (424) 204 7785
+1 (312) 609 7620
+65 6206 1320
+44 (0)20 3667 2929
+44 (0)20 3667 2934
+1 (202) 312 3330
+1 (202) 312 3340
+44 (0)20 3667 2910
+1 (312) 609 7516
+65 6206 1310
+1 (312) 609 7758
+1 (312) 609 7645
+1 (212) 407 7790
+1 (312) 609 7612
+44 (0)20 3667 2947
+44 (0)20 3667 2918
+1 (202) 312 3016
+1 (424) 204 7757
+1 (424) 204 7781
+ 44 (0) 20 3667 2936
+44 (0)20 3667 2920