- Bank Litigation
- Class Action Defense
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Liability
- Director & Officer Defense
- Financial Institutions
- Financial Services
- Franchise/Distributor/Dealer Litigation
- Government Enforcement & Special Investigations
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Privacy, CyberSecurity & Media
- Restrictive Covenants & Trade Secrets
- Securities Litigation
Jeanah Park is a Shareholder at Vedder Price and a member of the firm’s Litigation practice area and Antitrust and Competition, and Financial Services sub-practice groups.
She counsels and represents clients in business and employment disputes, including commercial contract, wrongful discharge, securities, intellectual property and business tort disputes.
Ms. Park has extensive experience in a variety of complex commercial litigation, class action and employment matters, including counseling clients and litigating issues pertaining to the protection of trade secrets, the enforcement of restrictive covenants, defending allegations of securities fraud and violations of statutes and other business tort matters in both state and federal courts. Ms. Park also counsels clients concerning privacy and data security issues in connection with employee trade secret misappropriation, data theft, and other cybersecurity matters.
Ms. Park has litigated complex commercial matters in state and federal courts all over the country, including California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. Ms. Park has obtained favorable bench and jury verdicts, injunctive relief and summary judgment on behalf of clients seeking to protect their trade secrets and to enforce employee restrictive covenants. She has extensive experience in state and federal motion and discovery practice and has obtained sanctions on behalf of clients based on discovery violations, including spoliation of evidence. Ms. Park regularly counsels clients on litigation avoidance and provides cost-effective, practical advice in litigation prevention.
Ms. Park is the former Chair of the Firm’s Diversity Committee. In 2015, Ms. Park assisted in creating the firm’s women’s affinity group, “Women at Vedder Empowering Success” (WAVES) and served as the Chicago office Chair. She also serves on the Firm’s Associate Hiring Committee and the Associate Evaluation Committee.
In 2018, Ms. Park was named to the Crain’s Custom Media “Chicago Notable Women Lawyers” list. She is co-author of a chapter in the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education’s Business and Commercial Litigation practice handbook, published in 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2014. In addition to her legal work, Ms.Park is President of the Board of Directors of Asian Human Services, a non-profit social services agency that provides health care, education, employment and other services to underserved immigrant and refugee populations in the Chicago area. She also recently served as President of the Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago, the Midwest’s largest association of Asian American attorneys, judges and law students.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2002, cum laude
- Northwestern University, B.A., 1998
- Illinois, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, including Trial Bar, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2017
- President, Board of Directors, Asian Human Services
- Past President, Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Committee, Federal Bar Association, Chicago Chapter