Construction Vedder Service
Vedder Price covers all aspects of construction law—from general corporate counseling to international project finance, complex delay, fraud and forensic accounting, damage and defect claims, labor and employment, and mechanics’ liens and breach-of-contract litigation in federal and state courts and alternative dispute forums.
You can expect widespread construction industry experience, coupled with comprehensive representation that is both client focused and business driven.
Extensive construction industry credentials. Our attorneys have extensive experience representing contractors, subcontractors, building owners and manufacturers in a wide array of matters, including drafting large-scale domestic and international construction and EPC balance-of-plant and other contracts and counseling on litigation avoidance.
We also provide representation in federal and state courts across the country, as well as in alternative dispute resolution forums, in connection with litigation or claims arising out of the construction process. Further, our construction and dirt law attorneys are licensed AAA arbitrators and active members of the Construction Bar Associations, including in the ABA Construction Litigation Committee.
Construction law services beyond litigation. While we have an exceptional construction litigation practice, our attorneys provide significantly broader construction law services, including services related to acquisition, sale, zoning, land use and development of a wide array of commercial, industrial and residential properties. Our broad experience encompasses urban and suburban retail and office developments, hotels, hospitals, schools and universities, industrial parks, power plants and projects, manufacturing facilities, airports and seawalls, roads, billboard signage, single-family and multifamily residential properties, and many other types of properties.
We also have significant experience with:
- Negotiation of contract forms and specifications and other contract documents
- Representation in breach-of-contract, fraud, errors and omissions, delay damage and mechanics’ lien actions
- Representation before assessing and tax appeal bodies on tax matters, including assessment and rate challenges, exemption complaints and back-tax claims
- Advice and assistance in the currently volatile area of environmental control and defense of disputes regarding the removal and disposal of contaminated and unsuitable soils, as well as in matters related to obtaining necessary permits and variances to construct and develop contaminated parcels
- Negotiation of all aspects of construction transactions and sophisticated construction financing
- Litigation of all related disputes
+1 (312) 609 7784
+1 (312) 609 7746
+1 (312) 609 7712
+1 (312) 609 7836
+1 (312) 609 7614
+1 (312) 609 7830
+1 (312) 609 7513
+1 (312) 609 7805
+1 (312) 609 7683
+1 (312) 609 7541
+1 (312) 609 7914