Administrative & Staff Vedder Careers
Vedder Price’s administrative team oversees the capabilities necessary for us to deliver responsive, results-oriented and cost-effective client services.
If you would like to apply to Vedder Price, please submit your resume to:
222 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Fax: +1 (312) 609 5005
Careers & Open Positions
Billing Coordinator is primarily responsible for ensuring accurate, timely and adequately-detailed client billing by supporting assigned attorneys with client accounts. This is a hands-on position that involves working independently and proactively on all aspects of the day-to-day billing with all offices.
- Review and bill attorney hours and disbursements to clients
- Review and edit proformas in response to attorney and secretary requests
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney
- Process write-offs following Firm policy
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner
- Ability to understand Exception rates, Discounts, Multipayor and Electronic Billing/eHub
- Ability to handle high volume of bills per month and prioritize accordingly
- Act as a resource and effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries and clients
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and provide supporting documentation as required
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
- Create billing reports and spreadsheets for analyses as required
- Organize and maintain billing files
- Ability to assist in preparing documentation for exhibits in court
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Ad-hoc reports as requested
Skills And Attributes:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- High standards, excellent attention to detail, effective communicator, an ownership mentality and exceptional follow through skills are absolutely essential for success in this position
- Ability to meet deadlines and use time efficiently
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
- 1-3 years Billing experience in a law firm environment
- Elite accounting software experience preferred
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel
A Business Analyst must be experienced in working effectively with executive and mid-senior level leadership, as well as attorneys, legal staff and business users to perform “buy versus build” solution assessments, lead design/build/implement efforts for approved custom developed products both existing and new. Responsibilities include but are not limited to eliciting, documenting and translating requirements into functional and technical specifications for feature-driven technology solutions that solve business problems and better enable the practice of law for our lawyers and staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the strategic technical architecture, software methodologies and processes, technical project management, implementation planning and software maintenance for critical systems and processes across various areas of the firm.
- Acting as liaison between the business and Technology project teams (developers, integrators, etc.) to drive proper design and delivery of products and services across the firm.
- Seek input of user experience and document current procedures and processes to determine potential improvements to their assigned products.
- Providing customer-driven business analysis: functional requirements gather, product assessments and evaluation, use case development, user stories, etcetera.
The person in this role must be experienced in working effectively with Technology developers, architects and external vendors in advocating on behalf of end users and communicating business needs. The Business Analyst must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience applying business systems analysis and business process management principles at different levels of an organization within an iterative and phased approach driven information technology environment.
- Previous Legal Industry experience and working knowledge of IntApp FLOW and INTEGRATE highly desirable.
- Ability to understand high level requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development and data mapping.
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Computer Information Systems and/or Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
Vedder Price is hiring a Business Immigration Paralegal. Responsibilities include: managing individual caseload for nonimmigrant and immigrant visa matters and global matters, working closely with in-house HR personnel and other client contacts; preparing and filing nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions and applications, including all employment-related categories; preparing EB-1, 2 and 3 petitions and adjustment applications; preparing visa and naturalization applications; managing active cases of foreign nationals employed in the United States; preparing PERM labor certification applications. Strong knowledge of LawLogix preferred. Five years’ law firm or corporate experience in business immigration with Bachelor’s degree required. Paralegal certificate preferred.
Our renowned Global Transportation Finance (GTF) team is hiring a Corporate Finance Paralegal. The successful candidate will manage closings and prepare closing sets; prepare and file documents and UCCs for closings; and perform post-closing document preparation and follow-up. This high-profile position entails direct interface with the firm’s GTF attorneys, clients and opposing counsel. Bachelor’s or equivalent degree or experience required, with a minimum of two years’ experience in commercial lending/asset-based financing and transactional work required. Familiarity with UCCs a plus.
This position is responsible for supporting the Litigation, Labor and Bankruptcy practice areas firm wide.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- E-File and obtain documents using PACER and other court resources.
- Assist in searches and extraction of information from court-related databases and websites.
- Arrange for service of subpoenas and summons using Firm preferred process servers.
- Use CompuLaw to perform docketing/calendaring responsibilities and to run standard reports to notify attorneys of upcoming dates.
- Enforce department and firm policies related to docketing matters.
Skills & Competencies:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience within a law firm environment preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal rules and codes of civil procedure, with an emphasis on California practice and procedure.
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Associate’s degree or higher required; or any combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position is preferred.
- Detail oriented, extremely organized.
Vedder Price is seeking an enthusiastic Human Resources Coordinator to join the dynamic HR team in their Chicago office. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for providing day to day functional support in the firm’s Human Resources Department. The primary responsibilities of this position include: employment, recruitment, new hire orientation and onboarding, HRIS data entry and maintenance, and assisting with special HR projects as needed.
- Coordinates on-boarding processes including but not limited to completing new hire paperwork and checklists, coordinating new hire training schedules and development plans
- Maintains job descriptions and posts open positions to various job boards, professional organizations and/or schools’ career centers
- Assists with updating and maintaining the recruitment and applicant tracking module in the HRIS database
- Maintains employment data in HRIS database including entering new hires, status changes, departures, etc.
- Assists with staff performance evaluation process
- Daily interaction with employees at all levels of the organization, guiding them in the appropriate application of firm/HR policies and/or procedures
- Assists with maintaining personnel files, employment records and employee-specific data
- Assist with special HR projects as needed
Qualifications and Education:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a professional services environment, law firm preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Organizational Psychology or the equivalent in work experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and interface effectively and courteously with employees of all levels within the organization
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential matters
- Ability to handle multiple projects while working independently as well as in a team
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems a plus; experience with UltiPro preferable
- Minimum intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
The Information Compliance Specialist manages information governance projects, performs tasks associated with matter mobility and the administration of legal holds, ethical walls, records retention and disposition. In addition, this role will work with the Manager of Records and Information Compliance on special projects related to the selection and implementation of information governance technology and business process design.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands and communicates the Firm’s information governance policies and processes and associated best practices to Firm stakeholders and personnel
- Understands the functionality and design of the Firm’s information governance applications and all official record repositories
- Develops extensive knowledge of the Firm’s technologies, including those used to create and manage electronic records
- Performs tasks associated with the Firm’s matter mobility and information compliance activity
- Manages special projects as assigned by the Manager of Records and Information Compliance, including performing project tasks and assisting with project documentation
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Library Science, Information Science or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Requires a minimum of three years of information governance experience. Must possess strong leadership skills and successfully demonstrate competencies with records management, customer service and computer skills. Demonstrated experience with information management technologies, including RIM databases, litigation support tools, document management systems, e-mail systems and image capture and data transfer technologies.
- Prior law firm experience; CRM, IGP, CIPP or litigation support certification.
- Experience managing document scanning initiatives
- Familiarity with SQL, SSRS and Power BI
Assist with SEC filings and a variety of corporate, securities and transactional matters supporting the Investment Services group. Prepare and manage various filings and related materials. Perform document preparation and distribution as well as post-closing document preparation and distribution. This position entails direct interface with attorneys and clients.
- Prepare and review filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission through the EDGAR system for mutual funds, private funds, investment advisers and broker-dealers, including Forms N-1A, N-2, N-4, Forms N-14, proxy statements, Forms D and Schedules 13G/13D/13HD, Forms N-Q and Forms N-CSR.
- Prepare and review Forms ADV and amendments for advisers and exempt reporting advisers through IARD system.
- Draft and maintain closing checklists; maintain and manage closing deliverables; prepare and compile closing opinion diligence; prepare closing books; perform attorney support for business transactions.
- Prepare SEC filing opinions; prepare and manage filing opinion diligence.
- Draft and maintain corporate legal and governance documents.
- Conduct research related to filings and business transactions through both print and electronic sources.
- Assist attorneys with filings, opinions and business transactions.
- Review and organize due diligence materials.
- Draft closing documents and correspondence.
- Prepare closing sets and post-closing documentation.
Qualifications and Education:
- A bachelor’s degree is required and an ABA-approved paralegal certificate is preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in the corporate or securities field.
- Experience with SEC filing systems including EDGAR and IARD.
- Proficiency in Excel and legal databases.
- Working knowledge of securities laws and regulations (1940 Act, Advisers Act, 1933 Act, 1934 Act, CFTC).
- Private fund or registered mutual fund experience.
- Experience in investment services or mutual fund compliance a plus.
The Legal Recruiting Coordinator will work closely with the Legal Recruiting Managers on implementing the Firm’s attorney recruiting initiatives. This position involves a high level of interaction with the Firm’s attorneys, prospective attorney candidates, outside recruiters and law schools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing the annual summer associate program, including coordinating social event details and training programs
- Assist with all aspects of the on-campus interview process including, but not limited to, on-campus interview registration, preparation of interviewer binders and marketing materials, scheduling call-back interviews, soliciting interview evaluations, maintaining candidate files and generating reports; coordinate offer dinners and other candidate follow-up activities; set-up and attend all local on-campus interview events and hospitality suites
- Assist with all aspects of planning and executing the 1L hiring process; coordinate registration and all logistical details for diversity and law student recruitment events
- Coordinate lateral attorney interview schedules, make conference room arrangements, send calendar appointments, prepare schedules and greet candidates. Maintain the recruiting database with candidate data and interview schedules
- Coordinate posting lateral associate positions on Firm websites while recruiting through LinkedIn and other sources
- Maintain lateral associate candidate files and recruitment reports. Manage interview evaluation collection and post offer diligence process
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, candidates, clients, professional staff and outside contacts
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills including record keeping, data collection and system information
- Must be willing to work overtime, especially during peak recruitment season and attend all evening summer associate program events
- When required, ability for limited travel in connection with on-campus recruiting and law school outreach
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years law firm experience in a similar position
- Strong Microsoft Office including, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of viDesktop and viRecruit a plus
Vedder Price has an opening in our New York office for a Legal Secretary. Looking for a multi-skilled Legal Secretary who wants to be part of a collegial atmosphere in a fast-paced environment. As a member of the secretarial team, the candidate will provide support to attorneys and paralegals in all areas of the Corporate and Litigation business practices; provide a high level of client services to assist in document processing; make travel arrangements and prepare travel itineraries for attorneys and paralegals; process new-business intake and expense forms; complete time entry for assignments; answer telephones and take messages; arrange meetings and conferences; coordinate calendars; monitor incoming mail, faxes and e-mails; file and perform other administrative duties as assigned. This position works in a team environment with other secretaries to provide high-quality service by using innovative technical skills and creative soft skills. A bachelor’s degree is preferred with a minimum of eight (8) years of legal secretarial experience in a law firm environment. Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is a must, with a minimum typing speed of 65 words per minute.
Vedder Price is looking for a multi-skilled legal secretary who wants to be part of a collegial atmosphere in a well-paced environment. This position provides support to attorneys and paralegals resulting in a high level of client service; document processing and editing; preparing financial transaction closing sets; managing travel arrangements; processing new business intake; preparing and submitting attorney expenses; inputting attorney time entries; handling client billing; responding to client inquiries via phone and email; arranging meetings and conferences; coordinating calendars; monitoring incoming mail, faxes and e-mails; maintaining and updating client files and other tasks.