Occupational Safety and
Vedder Price represents employers throughout the United States and its territories with respect to federal and state plan matters under the Occupational Safety and Health Act and its state law equivalents, as well as other wide-ranging workplace health and safety matters.
The firm assists clients with the following:
- Representing employers during inspections, investigations, and enforcement actions by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”), and state plan equivalent agencies
- Responding to and managing investigations of catastrophic industrial, construction, manufacturing, and other workplace accidents, including explosions, collapses and chemical releases
- Handling high-profile OSHA criminal referrals and prosecutions
- Handling all aspects of OSHA litigation, including appeals of OSHA citations and negotiation of settlements that minimize the impact of enforcement actions, and possible wrongful death and injury cases
- Defending employers against complaints of retaliation and whistleblowing claims
- Conducting workplace safety and health audits, injury and illness recordkeeping audits, and safety and health training
- Providing counseling on compliance with standards and regulations
- Counseling employers on the development and implementation of safety and health programs and procedures
- Representing employers and industry associations before OSHA rulemaking forums, including the preparation of written comments and testimony on behalf of employers and associations
- Conducting safety and health due diligence for sales, mergers, and acquisitions
Vedder Price attorneys provide clients with thoughtful and effective advice in all matters related to occupational safety and health, and critically, are prepared to provide an immediate response to workplace catastrophes in order to protect clients’ interests in the face of federal, state, and/or local law enforcement actions.