Bank & Thrift Regulation Enforcement Vedder Banking
We advise clients on a wide range of regulatory, enforcement and compliance issues, and we represent clients before the FDIC, OCC, Federal Reserve Board, CFPB, FINRA, SEC, CFTC, FTC and various state regulatory authorities.
Our regulatory expertise includes representing and advising clients on issues arising from bank examinations, such as
- Safety and soundness
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and anti-money laundering
- The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Information technology (IT) and Cybersecurity
We have broad skills across a range of regulatory compliance and enforcement matters. Our attorneys advise clients on a wide range of regulatory, enforcement and compliance issues including, but not limited to, compliance issues involving the following:
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and Truth in Savings Act (TISA)
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair Housing Act (FHA) and other fair lending requirements
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA)
- Unfair, deceptive or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP)
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), anti-money laundering and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements
- Military Lending Act (MLA) compliance
- Federal and state regimes governing money service businesses and money transmitters
- Lending limits, affiliate and insider transactions as governed by Section 23A and 23B of the Federal Reserve Act (FRA)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- State and federal privacy laws requirements under Regulation P of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the Right to Financial Privacy Act
- Data breach incident planning and response
We also offer regulatory advice regarding such matters as loans to affiliates, lending limits, bank holding and financial holding company issues and other complex regulatory matters.
Our regulatory team provides the care and expertise needed to plan and launch new products and services, including the development of innovative financial technology platforms. From complex payment systems, e-lending/marketplace lending, remote deposit programs, mobile banking products, data analytics and digital currencies to FinTech joint ventures, our team has the skills and the strategic relationships to guide your institution through the rollout of all new product or service offerings.