Vedder Thinking | Events 2015 Employment Law Conference, New York
June 24, 2015
810 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10017
In-house counsel and human resource professionals are invited to join the attorneys of Vedder Price for a complimentary half-day conference covering key labor and employment topics.
Topics of Discussion
New York and New Jersey Law Update
- Legislative initiatives and amendments
- Significant case-law developments
Pregnancy Discrimination or Pregnancy Accommodation?
- EEOC position on pregnancy accommodation
- Young v. UPS Supreme Court Case
It's a Small World After All - Global Human Resource Issues
- Key differences between UK/EU employment practices and those of the U.S.
- Consultation requirements, contractual issues and statutory termination requirements
OSHA - What You Need to Know (and Do) in 2015
What's New Federally?
- How healthy are your wellness plans?
- NLRB activity in the unionized and non-union sectors (quickie election rule, employee use of company e-mail systems and social media, employee handbook guidance)
What's New in Cyber Compliance - Five Cybersecurity Hot Spots for HR Departments
CLE and HRCI Credit
Assuming minimum requirements are met, CLE credit will be available. This program has been approved for general HRCI credit.