Business Immigration Vedder Alignment
Vedder Price counsels international companies with regard to all aspects of business-related immigration matters—from complying with various immigration laws to establishing processes and policies that can help manage exposure to civil and criminal enforcement.
You can expect vast experience across a full range of corporate compliance matters, delivered through proactive advice and world-class service.
Broad business immigration legal services and assistance. Our experienced attorneys assist with obtaining temporary or permanent immigration status for executive, managerial and professional employees, as well as with other immigration-related matters. Our comprehensive business immigration legal services include assistance with:
- Determining and applying for the most appropriate visa categories for individuals who intend to stay temporarily in the United States for employment or other business-related reasons
- Preparing and processing permanent resident visas for executives and other professional employees
- Providing counsel regarding compliance with immigration laws to avoid civil and criminal penalties—including assistance with developing corporate immigration policies, delivering training, conducting I-9 audits and advising employers on handling government audits and investigations
- Providing advice on the effects of a RIF on foreign employees
- Resolving State Department matters in U.S. embassies and consulates around the world
- Providing counsel with regard to non-U.S. immigration needs—directly and/or through our network of attorneys licensed in other countries
We also conduct due diligence and provide advice related to immigration law in matters involving corporate changes, such as acquisitions, mergers, divestitures and reorganizations.
Seamless coordination of legal services for clients with global workforces. As a full-service legal firm, we can coordinate business immigration advice with strong capabilities in tax, executive compensation and employee benefits, estate planning, employment practices and other areas to help you develop and serve your global workforce.