Vedder Thinking | Events
2016 Vedder Works Employment Law Series:
September 22, 2016
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM Pacific Standard Time
The Bently Reserve
301 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Registration begins at 9:00 a.m.
Lunch to follow program.
Please join us for a complimentary half-day session designed for in-house counsel and human resources professionals, led by the attorneys of Vedder Price, to discuss important legal updates and best practices in the employment arena.
Topics to be covered include the following:
- Commission and Bonus Plans: Key terms to include in your plans, legal requirements, and avoiding individual and class claims. Specific topics to be discussed include:
- Labor Code section 2751 compliance
- Payment timing and post-termination payments
- Overtime pay implications of commission and bonus payments
- Wage and Hour Compliance Issues
- Compliance with FLSA Regulatory Changes: What challenges are presented by the new FLSA regulations for California employers?
- Minimum Wage and Overtime Ordinances: Need-to-know details that can affect organizations statewide
- State and Local Leave Requirement Updates
- Parental leave laws in San Francisco
- California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- Paid sick leave
- Managing Leaves of Absence: Real-Life Scenarios
- Elimination of Bias
- California Fair Pay Act
- New EEO-1 reporting requirements
CLE & HRCI Credit
Vedder Price is an accredited CLE provider in California, Illinois, and New York; and, when possible, a sponsor in Virginia. This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.
This program has been approved for HRCI credit.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the activity. It means that this activity has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.