Vedder Thinking | Events New California Employment Laws & Recent Developments -- A Webinar
October 30, 2018
Please join us this fall for a complimentary one-hour webinar program designed for in-house counsel and human resources professionals, led by the attorneys of Vedder Price, to discuss new California employment laws and recent case law developments.
2019 promises to be another busy year for California employers with new employment laws and regulatory pronouncements, and significant recent court decisions imposing new compliance challenges. With many changes taking effect on January 1, 2019, employers are encouraged to attend to learn about what is new in time to review their policies and practices.
What’s on tap for 2019?
This webinar will provide an overview of the most notable changes coming in 2019 and a review of significant employment cases from 2018.
The topics we plan to cover include:
- New sexual harassment-related rules, including prohibitions on certain nondisclosure agreements and waivers of rights to testify in sexual harassment or assault settlements
- Expanded sexual harassment training requirements for supervisory and non-supervisory employees
- Expansion of FEHA liability
- Changes to ban-the-box rules prohibiting inquiry into applicants’ criminal history
- Landmark rulings from the bench on arbitration, independent contractors and more
Tuesday, October 30 | 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (PT)
Who should attend: This event is intended for in-house counsel and human resource professionals.
CLE & HRCI Credit
Vedder Price is an accredited CLE provider in California, Illinois, New York and, when possible, a sponsor in Virginia.
This program has been pre-approved for HRCI credit.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.