Vedder Thinking | Events Lorman Teleconference: International Employment Assignments: Understanding the Compliance Risks
July 27, 2010
Visas and Work Permits
- What Activities Are Permitted as a 'Visitor Business'
- When Does an Employee Require Work Authorization?
- What Are the Ramifications/Penalties for Failing to Comply With the Law?
- The Importance of Planning Ahead
- Tips for Getting Management Buy-In to Encourage Compliance
Sending Expatriates Abroad: What U.S. Companies Need to Know From an Employment Law Perspective
- The Expatriate Contract
- Foreign Government Benefits Requirements – Social Security Equalization
- Application of Foreign Employment Laws to U.S. Expatriates
- Repatriation Requirements
Inbound Employees: The Doctrine of Employment at Will in the U.S.
- The Meaning of Employment at Will
- Exceptions to the Doctrine: Legislation, Contracts, Collective Bargaining Agreements, Implied Contracts, Torts
- Extraterritorial Application of U.S. Employment Laws
- Effect of U.S. Treaties of Trade, Friendship and Navigation on Application of U.S. Employment Laws to Foreign Expatriates and Foreign-Owned Companies
Specific U.S. Employment Laws
- Compliance With U.S. Federal, State and City Anti-Discrimination/Anti-Harassment and Anti-Retaliation Laws
- Compliance With Federal and State Workplace Regulations
- Compliance With Federal and State Regulation of Employee Benefits
Gabrielle M. Buckley, Vedder Price
Alan M. Koral, Vedder Price
+1 (312) 609 7626