Gerry Kelly is a solicitor in the London office of Vedder Price and a member of the firm’s Finance & Transactions group.
Mr. Kelly’s practice is focused on cross-border mergers and acquisitions across a variety of industries for leading private equity sponsors and institutional investors. His experience includes leveraged buy-outs, divestments, carve-outs, joint ventures and growth and venture capital investments. Additionally, he has extensive experience assisting private equity portfolio companies in connection with their general corporate activities.
Prior to joining Vedder Price, Mr. Kelly was an associate in the Private Equity Groups of an Am Law 100 firm and a UK Magic Circle firm in London.
Mr. Kelly is qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales and Ireland. He received his Bachelor of Laws from the National University of Ireland, Galway and a Master of Laws in Commercial Law from University College Dublin.
- University College Dublin, LL.M., 2008
- National University of Ireland, Galway, LL.B., 2006
- England and Wales, 2014
- Ireland, 2014
- BC Partners, in its acquisition of Pharmathen S.A..
Insight Venture Partners in the sale of its portfolio company, Jagex Limited, to Shanghai Hongtou Network Technology Co., Ltd. for USD 320m.
- Ardian and its portfolio company, Riemser Pharma, in the acquisition of Intrapharm Laboratories.
- Bregal Freshstream, in its acquisition of the British handbag and accessories brand, Radley.
- Bregal Freshstream, in its acquisition of a majority stake in Dutch oilfield services company, Verwater.
- Parallels Holdings Limited, in the sale of its Switzerland-based web server and website administration platform, Plesk, to Oakley Capital.
- Bregal Capital, in the sale of its outsourced recycling and resource management services portfolio company, Reconomy Group, to EMK Capital.
- Genstar Capital, in its acquisition of Institutional Shareholder Services from Vestar Capital Partners for USD 720m.
- Insight Venture Partners and its portfolio company, Drilling Info, in the acquisition of DataGenic Limited.
- Davidson Kempner, in the sale of its shareholding in eir (the largest integrated telecommunications provider in Ireland) and its re-investment in eir through a purchasing consortium led by NJJ and Iliad SA.
- Davidson Kempner, in its investment in Danish biogas producer, NGF Nature Energy.
- A consortium of institutional shareholders of Hafnia Tankers in its merger with BW Tankers, creating one of the world’s largest product tanker companies.
- Bregal Freshstream in its investment in groundworks and civil engineering company, M&J Evans Construction Limited.
- EMK Capital, in its acquisition of Williams Advanced Engineering from the Williams Formula 1 Group.
- Thora Capital, in its equity investment (alongside LCI) in a portfolio of aircraft.