Jonathan Edgelow serves as Counsel in the London office of Vedder Price and is a member of the firm’s Finance & Transactions practice group.
Mr Edgelow has twenty years’ experience representing clients across a broad range of corporate, financial and commercial matters. This includes significant M&A experience – advising on a number of UK focussed, and cross-border, company/asset acquisitions, sales and joint-ventures.
Mr Edgelow has twenty years’ experience representing clients across a broad range of corporate, financial and commercial matters. This includes significant M&A experience – advising on a number of UK-focused and cross-border company/asset acquisitions, sales and joint-ventures.
Mr Edgelow focuses on building long-term relationships with clients, and often acts in an external general counsel role – advising on a range of day-to-day corporate/commercial matters and, where necessary, coordinating small teams of appropriate experts to handle specific client needs.
Other significant experience includes:
- advising start-ups and SMEs on all aspects of their legal needs including initial structuring, pre-seed, seed and angel investment rounds, obtaining Series A and anchor investments, undertaking strategic bolt-on acquisitions and general commercial contract matters;
- public company work, including AIM market IPOs, stake-building and related insider dealing issues, recommended offers under the Takeover Code (both for the bidder and target company), and on-going corporate governance and compliance obligations under the AIM rules; and
- the use of English law to govern international M&A transactions.
Mr Edgelow is a member of Transparency International UK and has advised corporate groups looking to implement best practices in complying with their obligations under the increasing body of corporate transparency and anti-bribery legislation.
Mr Edgelow is actively involved in Vedder Price’s pro-bono programme. In this capacity, Mr Edgelow acts as Honorary Legal Counsel to The Sleep Charity and provides assistance to other organisations in the charitable and non-for-profit sectors.
Prior to joining Vedder Price, Mr. Edgelow was an associate in the corporate group of a leading international firm. Mr. Edgelow is qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales. He received his Bachelor of Laws from Exeter University.
- College of Law, Guildford, Legal Practice Course, 1999
- University of Exeter School of Law, B.A., 1998
- England and Wales, 2001
- Castlelake Aviation, a global aircraft and engine leasing company, on the corporate aspects of various aircraft re-financings.
- Crestline Management, a provider of portfolio management and advisory services, on its establishment of a joint-venture with Magnetic MRO focussed on the acquisition and part-out of end of life aircraft.
- Fluence Automation, a provider of innovative technologies to the mail distribution, logistics and parcel automation markets, on its acquisition of the UK division of Bell & Howell.
- The G100 group, a provider of executive learning tools to c-suite business leaders, on its acquisition and subsequent disposal of Mentore Consulting.
- JSSI, a leading independent provider of hourly cost maintenance programs for aircraft engines and airframes, on its acquisition of the Tracware group.
- Macquarie AirFinance, a global aviation lessor, on the corporate aspects of its acquisition of a portfolio of 90 commercial aircraft from AWAS, and various subsequent group restructurings.
- Paul Fabrications, a manufacturer and seller of machined and fabricated metal parts and assemblies, on its separate sales of its aerospace and nuclear divisions.
- Silicon Markets, an algorithmic trading platform for traders and investors, on its receipt of initial investment from a Malaysian investment group, and subsequent further investment rounds.
- Sphera Solutions, a leading provider of integrated risk management software, on its establishment and development of its UK and European divisions, including the separate acquisitions of the Rivo Software group, the Sparesfinder group, the Petrotechnics group, and the Thinkstep group.
- Thora Capital, in its equity investment (alongside LCI) in a portfolio of helicopters.
- Vermeer Investment Management, a regulated fund manager, on its combination with Vermeer Asset Management.