Jonathan Edgelow serves as Counsel in the London office of Vedder Price and is a member of the firm’s Finance & Transactions practice group.
Mr Edgelow has twenty years’ experience representing clients across a broad range of corporate, financial and commercial matters. This includes significant M&A experience – advising on a number of UK focussed, and cross-border, company/asset acquisitions, sales and joint-ventures.
Mr Edgelow focuses on building long-term relationships with clients, and often acts in an external general counsel role – advising on a range of day-to-day corporate/commercial matters and, where necessary, coordinating small teams of appropriate experts to handle specific client needs.
Other significant experience includes:
Mr Edgelow is a member of Transparency International UK and has advised corporate groups looking to implement best practices in complying with their obligations under the increasing body of corporate transparency and anti-bribery legislation.
Since 2021, Mr Edgelow has acted as the general editor of Company Law In Europe, a highly regarded Lexis Nexis publication invaluable to general counsels of European groups and those considering expanding their business into a new European jurisdiction. The work provides a concise summary of the most important aspects of European company laws, aimed at making it easy to compare specific aspects of these laws across borders.
Mr Edgelow is actively involved in Vedder Price’s pro-bono programme. In this capacity, Mr Edgelow acts as Honorary Legal Counsel to The Sleep Charity and provides assistance to other organisations in the charitable and non-for-profit sectors.
Prior to joining Vedder Price, Mr. Edgelow was an associate in the corporate group of a leading international firm. Mr. Edgelow is qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales. He received his Bachelor of Laws from Exeter University.
- College of Law, Guildford, Legal Practice Course, 1999
- University of Exeter School of Law, B.A., 1998
- England and Wales, 2001
Deals and Transactions
- Advising Castlelake Aviation, a global aircraft and engine leasing company, on the corporate aspects of various aircraft re-financings, including annual securitisation projects between 2015 and 2019 valued in excess of US$ 500m each.
- Advising a US provider of portfolio management and advisory services, on its establishment of an Isle of Man based joint venture with an Estonian maintenance and asset management organisation focussed on the acquisition and part-out of end of life aircraft, with initial available funds of £24m.
- Advising the G100 group, a provider of executive learning tools to c-suite business leaders, on its acquisition and subsequent disposal of Mentore Consulting.
- Advising Jet Support Services, a US based leading independent provider of hourly cost maintenance programs for aircraft engines and airframes, on its acquisition and subsequent disposal of the UK based Tracware group.
- Advising Macquarie AirFinance, a global aviation lessor, on the corporate aspects of its US $4 billion acquisition of a portfolio of 90 commercial aircraft from AWAS, and various subsequent group restructurings.
- Advising a US owned UK manufacturer and seller of machined and fabricated metal parts and assemblies, on its separate sales of its aerospace and nuclear divisions, for an aggregate sale price of £7.5m, and subsequent group re-organisations.
- Advising a US based leading provider of integrated risk management software, on its establishment and development of its UK and European divisions, including the buy and build acquisitions of three separate UK groups and one German based group with aggregate acquisition values in excess of £45m.
- Advising a US based alternative asset manager focussed on helicopter assets on its £7.5m equity investment in a UK joint venture operating a helicopter portfolio.
UK Start-Up/SME Experience
Providing legal mentoring advice, including assistance with business set-up, corporate maintenance, shareholder arrangements, UK GDPR compliance, website and sale terms and conditions and other matters, to start-ups and SMEs including:
- Dumbledore Vets, a newly established veterinary practice servicing the South West of England
- Napatree Capital Advisers, a consultancy firm providing bespoke business development, strategic engagement, capital formation, and relationship management services to FCA regulated entities
- Personal Electric Transport, a leading supplier of electric scooters and bicycles
- Social Jooce, a social media strategy consultancy