Vedder Thinking | Articles Estate Planning Bulletin: New Developments and Opportunities in the Volatile 2012 Environment
Economic, legislative and regulatory events are keeping estate planners and their clients very busy in 2012. For a detailed discussion of the most notable new developments, download the Estate Planning Bulletin below.
- Conditions Remain Favorable for Lifetime Gifts and Other Estate Planning Transactions
- Deadline to Remedy Roth IRA Conversions
- New 3.8% Investment Income Surtax Applicable to Estates and Trusts
- Estate Tax Portability Guidance and Clarification
- Illinois Estate Tax Exemption Increase
- Illinois Civil Unions Law Now Applied to Illinois Estate Tax