Vedder Thinking | Articles Estate Planning Bulletin - Opportunity Knocks: As 2011 Approaches, Time Is Running Out for One-Time Estate Planning
As the end of the year approaches, it appears increasingly unlikely that Congress will pass legislation on gift and estate taxes before 2011. Many one-time opportunities for gifting and tax planning will expire at the end of 2010.
- Gift Tax Will Increase in 2011
- Bonus Gift Tax Exemption Available for Some Gifts Made in 2010–2011
- Opportunity for Gifts or Trust Distributions to Grandchildren
- Low Interest Rates May Not Last Much Longer
- Converting to Roth IRA with Charitable Deduction to Offset the Tax
For a detailed discussion of the most notable new developments, download the bulletin below.