Vedder Thinking | Events Vedder Works Executive Briefing: Emerging Issues in Employment Law
October 06, 2015
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM Pacific Standard Time
The Bently Reserve
301 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Please join us for a complimentary half-day session for in-house counsel and human resource professionals, led by the attorneys of Vedder Price, to discuss important legal updates and best practices in the employment arena.
- Employee Data Security and Privacy: What are an employer's obligations to protect the security of employee data, limitations on uses of employee data, and risks and liabilities arising from data breaches? In the age of "big data," increasingly sophisticated hacking and perceived erosion of privacy rights, employers face significant new obligations and potential liabilities. We will discuss critical issues for all employers in this growing area of legal risk.
- Why You Can't Let the Computers Do All The Work-Managing HR Risks Created by Technology: Is your human resources and payroll software creating employment law liabilities? Reliance on technology to manage and transact human recourses functions has never been greater, but relying on software for legal compliance can be a trap for the unwary. We will discuss areas of potential liability arising out of payroll, recruiting, payroll tax and HRIS software.
- What's New in California Employment Law
- Paid Sick Leave
- Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
- Narrowing Scope and Heightened Scrutiny of Independent Contractor Classification
- Potential Impact of FLSA Regulatory Changes on California Employers
Assuming minimum requirements are met, California, Illinois and New York CLE credit may be available.