Vedder Thinking | Events 2017 Vedder Works Employment Law Series: California Webinar
October 26, 2017
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Standard Time
Please join us on October 26 for a complimentary one-hour webinar program designed for in-house counsel and human resources professionals, led by the attorneys of Vedder Price, to discuss new California employment laws and recent case law developments.
The California legislature has passed dozens of new employment laws and amendments to existing laws during the 2017 legislative session that have been submitted to Governor Brown for approval. These new statutes are scheduled to become effective on January 1, 2018. This webinar will provide an overview of the most notable changes coming in 2018 and a review of significant employment cases from 2017.
What’s on tap for 2018?
We will discuss the significant new laws for 2018 that will directly impact employers in California, as well as recent case law developments and litigation trends. The topics we plan to cover include:
- AB 1008: "Ban the Box" – Prohibition on Criminal Background Inquiries
- AB 168: Prohibition on Salary History Inquiries
- AB 1209: Publication of Gender Pay Differentials
- SB 63: Small Business Parental Leave (for Employers with 20–49 Employees)
- AB 569: Prohibits Discrimination Based on Reproductive Health Decisions
- And many more
- Significant Case Law Developments
- Litigation Trends – Gender Pay Discrimination Class Actions
With many changes taking effect on January 1, 2018, we hope you’ll join us for this informative session!
CLE & HRCI Credit
Vedder Price is an accredited CLE provider in California, Illinois and New York; and, when possible, a sponsor in Virginia.
This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.