Vedder Thinking | Events Junaid Zubairi to Speak at PLI’s Internal Investigations 2015 Program
June 9, 2015
Shareholder and Chair of the firm's Government Enforcement and Special Investigations practice group Junaid Zubairi will speak during PLI's Internal Investigations 2015 program at the University of Chicago Gleacher Center. The all-day program focuses on how to conduct effective and efficient internal investigations and discusses current issues arising in areas such as securities law, the intersection of labor and employment law and internal investigations, data privacy and ethics.
Mr. Zubairi's session, titled "Regulators Roundtable," will cover a range of topics including:
- The regulators’ perspectives on internal investigations
- Disclosing the investigation to regulators: why, when and how
- Regulators’ perspectives on how companies navigate whistleblower issues. Has Dodd-Frank changed how regulators are handling these issues and what they expect from companies?
- Maintaining a dialogue with the regulators during the investigation
- What will the regulators want to know?
- Challenges posed by international investigations
- Cooperation with the government
Learn more about the program here.