Vedder Thinking | Events The SEC, Cybersecurity and You—What You Need to Know Today
July 09, 2014
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
The financial and reputational risks associated with security breaches—and the ever-increasing sophistication of attacks—make it a front-burner issue for every industry. Given the sensitivity of the data financial services firms must protect, security is an even greater concern for you. The SEC's new Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE) cybersecurity initiative adds a regulatory log to the fire and gives your firm another reason to take a fresh look at your security.
During this complimentary 60-minute webinar, you will learn:
- Current cybersecurity laws and regulations affecting financial services, including the OCIE’s new cybersecurity initiative
- Best practices approach to keep your firm safe
- Updating and enhancing cybersecurity and data privacy controls
- Conducting an effective risk assessment, including third party and vendor risks; executing plan design and implementation
- Developing and testing your incident response plan
- Evaluating your insurance protection
Matt Reynolds, Director, Financial Services Consulting, McGladrey LLP
Daimon Geopfert, National Leader and Principal, Security and Privacy Consulting, McGladrey LLP
Bruce Radke, Shareholder, Vedder Price
Vedder Price is an accredited CLE provider in CA, IL and NY. Assuming minimum requirements are met, CLE credit will be available. Note, that during this time CLE credit is no longer available.
View the Webinar
To watch the webinar "The SEC, Cybersecurity and You—What You Need to Know Today," click here.
+1 (312) 609 7689