- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Liability
- Director & Officer Defense
- Employment Class Action Defense
- Employment Law Training
- Employment Litigation and Avoidance
- Equal Opportunity/Discrimination Law
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Higher Education
- Information Technology
- Media & Entertainment
- Privacy, CyberSecurity & Media
- Restrictive Covenants & Trade Secrets
- Trade & Professional Associations
- Wage & Hour Compliance
- Workplace Audits
- Workplace Counseling and Policies
Sadina Montani is a member of Vedder Price’s Labor & Employment and Privacy, CyberSecurity & Media practice groups.
Ms. Montani regularly represents employers in state and federal courts, and before various administrative agencies, defending claims of race, sex, disability and age discrimination, wrongful termination, wage and hour violations, and wage payment claims. Ms. Montani has first-chair and second-chair trial experience and has successfully argued summary judgment and other substantive and procedural motions in state and federal court.
Ms. Montani has significant experience with wage and hour matters, and regularly conducts wage and hour audits for her clients to ensure FLSA compliance. Additionally, Ms. Montani counsels and conducts training programs for her clients on all types of employment-related issues, including FMLA compliance, Title VII discrimination issues, termination issues (including reductions in force), ADA compliance and discrimination issues, USERRA compliance and various federal and state employment laws.
Ms. Montani also provides full-spectrum advice to clients regarding privacy, technology and data security issues, including security breach preparation and response and state, federal and international compliance.
Ms. Montani serves as pro bono counsel for a number of nonprofit organizations, which focus on education, the environment and various social services.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Montani was a freelance musician and performed with the Lansing Symphony Orchestra, the Southwest Michigan Symphony Orchestra and the South Bend Symphony Orchestra, among others.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2008
- The George Washington University, M.A., 2005, cum laude
- Western Michigan University, B.M., 2002, cum laude
- Virginia, 2008
- District of Columbia, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2017
- Member, Leadership Development Committee, District of Columbia Bar (2017 to present)
- Treasurer (2016 to 2017) and Board Member (2015 to present), Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Professionals' Council, Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law (2016 to present)
- Member, Screening Committee, District of Columbia Bar (2015 to 2016)
- Chair, Nominations Committee, District of Columbia Bar (2015)
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee, Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia (2011 to 2015)
- Inaugural Class, John Payton Leadership Academy of the District of Columbia Bar (2013)
- Member, District of Columbia Bar, Labor and Employment Section
- Member, Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section