Vedder Thinking | Events Proactive Records Management and eDiscovery Preparedness
September 22, 2010
8:00 AM - 11:30 AM Central Standard Time
Microsoft Conference Center
N19 W24133 Riverwood Drive, Suite 150
Waukesha, Wisconsin 53188
The volume of stored information (hard copy and electronic, managed and unmanaged) is growing exponentially every year, compounding the challenges related to records management and eDiscovery. Companies that do not take a proactive approach to records management are at risk of compromising the success of their organization.
Please join us for an informative and engaging discussion on the importance of implementing an effective records management program, obstacles that may be encountered and the role of technology in mitigating these challenges.
This program will address:
- The importance of effective records management in preparing for, and responding to, eDiscovery
- The recent paradigm shift in eDiscovery and its impact
- How to leverage existing technology investments to provide efficient management of electronically stored assets
- How Microsoft Connected eDiscovery Framework can provide a foundation for overall better organizational resource utilization
Who should attend:
- Corporate counsel and in-house lawyers
- Litigation support specialists
- Information governance and compliance staff
- IT professionals
- Information security professionals
8:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:25 a.m. Introduction
8:30 a.m. How to Successfully Implement Your Records Policy
- Amy Brooks, Project Leadership Associates
Implementing a records policy and enforcing compliance company-wide can be a challenge. Ms. Brooks will help you chart a course for your company’s records policy rollout, including critical organizational, process and technology considerations. Potential implementation obstacles and recommendations for overcoming them will also be discussed.
9:00 a.m. Records Retention and Litigation Preparedness – The Legal Side
- Bruce A. Radke, Vedder Price
Effective records management can have an enormous impact on a company’s ability to successfully defend itself in litigation. Mr. Radke will offer recommendations on how to develop legally compliant records management programs to mitigate the legal risks associated with eDiscovery.
9:30 a.m. Break
9:45 a.m. Litigation Preparedness: eDiscovery Impact – The Technical Side
- Bruce N. Malter, Project Leadership Associates
Mr. Malter will discuss the important factors that must be addressed in an effective strategy for preparation in advance of eDiscovery, including the process by which a company manages eDiscovery, technologies used, management of data locations and collection. The policies and business rules that can be applied to electronic and paper documents will also be explored.
10:15 a.m. Leveraging Existing Technologies to Address the Challenges of Records Management and eDiscovery
- TBD, Microsoft Corporation
10:45 a.m. Q & A
11:30 a.m. Adjourn