Nate Wright is an associate in Vedder Price’s Los Angeles office and a member of the firm’s Litigation Group.
Mr. Wright focuses his practice on representing corporations and individuals in connection with investigations by government agencies and regulatory bodies. He has extensive experience defending clients facing allegations of securities fraud, health care fraud, breaches of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), violation of the False Claims Act, violation of export controls regulations and various other forms of fraud and corruption.
Mr. Wright also represents corporations and individuals in complex commercial and securities litigation. He has significant experience representing clients in pre-litigation negotiations, drafting litigation strategies, and assisting clients in navigating discovery standards.
Mr. Wright also frequently provides counsel to clients regarding anticorruption regulatory compliance and conducts internal investigations.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Wright served as a senior investigator with the Office of Congressional Ethics of the U.S. House of Representatives. In that role, Mr. Wright conducted investigations into alleged misconduct by members of Congress and congressional staff. He began his career as a paralegal specialist in the Fraud Section of the U.S. Department of Justice and later served as a legal intern in the FCPA Unit.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2016, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif,
- National University of Ireland, Galway, LL.M., 2008
- Georgetown University, 2006, cum laude
- California, 2019
- District of Columbia, 2017
- Maryland, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2019