Vedder Thinking | Events Junaid Zubairi to Speak at PLI's Internal Investigations 2016 Program
June 07, 2016
Shareholder and Chair of the firm's Government Enforcement and Special Investigations practice group, Junaid A. Zubairi, will speak during PLI's Internal Investigations 2016 program at the University of Chicago Gleacher Center on June 7. The seminar is intended for inside and outside counsel, internal auditors, compliance officers, forensic accountants and other related industry professionals, and will focus on how to conduct efficient and effective internal investigations as a means of protecting your clients and/or company.
Mr. Zubairi’s session, titled "Regulator's Roundtable," will cover a range of topics including:
- Regulators' perspectives on internal investigations
- Disclosing the investigation to regulators: why, when and how
- Regulators' perspectives on how companies navigate whistleblower issues. Has Dodd-Frank changed how regulators are handling these issues and what they expect from companies
- Maintaining a dialogue with the regulators during the investigation
- What the regulators will want to know
- Challenges posed by international investigations
- Cooperation with the government
Learn more about the program and other presentations here.
+1 (312) 609 7720