Vedder Thinking | Events How Can Employers Limit Their Financial Risk Related To Multiemployer Pension Funds?
February 27, 2013
4:00 PM - 6:30 PM Central Standard Time
222 N. LaSalle Street
22 Floor Boardroom
Chicago, IL 60601
As multiemployer funds become more challenging for companies, we will discuss new developments, including hybrid plans and successorship and bankruptcy issues, as well as provide ways in which to reduce your exposure and risk when dealing with multiemployer funds.
- Can you withdraw from the plan as a practical matter?
- What can be done in collective bargaining if you are staying in the plan?
- Can you reduce the scope of covered operations without triggering liability?
- How are multiemployer plan liabilities being handled in the sale or reorganization of a business?
- Can shareholders or related employers have liability?
Program and discussion: 4:00 p.m.
Cocktail reception: 5:30 p.m.
+1 (312) 609 7797