Health Care and Life Sciences Finance Vedder Service
We have a team of experienced attorneys dedicated to serving the health care lending units of financial institutions. Our attorneys have knowledge in all areas of finance and structuring common to the life sciences industry and across the spectrum of health care industry entities. Many also have regulatory backgrounds.
With comprehensive industry knowledge and experience, you can be confident that we understand the issues unique to health care lending, such as:
- The difficulties in structuring combined asset-based receivables financing with real estate financing for senior housing providers
- The change-in-ownership and change-in-control overlays involved in transfers of regulated facilities
- The impact of corporate practice of medicine laws on loan structures
- Perfection against unique health care–related assets, such as bed rights, certificates of need or disproportionate share payments
- Restrictions on pledging intellectual property as collateral in life sciences financing
Understanding these regulatory overlays is even more important when a financing transaction reaches a workout, bankruptcy or liquidation stage. Our bankruptcy attorneys have experience with the unique issues that arise when working with troubled health care companies.