Vedder Thinking | News Global Transportation Finance Team Recognized in Multiple 2012 Airfinance Journal “Deals of the Year”
The Vedder Price Global Transportation Finance team was honored by Airfinance Journal for its role in five 2012 “Deals of the Year.” The prestigious awards recognize all parties of significant and groundbreaking transactions that have tested participants and raised efficient funding for the borrower.
Vedder Price was recognized in the following categories:
- South America Deal of the Year – Vedder Price acted as capital markets counsel on behalf of Export-Import Bank of the United States to provide financing to VRG Linhas Aéreas, a wholly owned subsidiary of GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes, S.A. for engine maintenance services.
- Joint North America Deal of the Year – Vedder Price acted on behalf of Export-Import Bank of the United States in conjunction with Atlas Air’s $865 million deal to finance the purchase of six Boeing 747-8Fs.
- Africa Deal of the Year – Vedder Price acted as capital markets counsel on behalf of Export-Import Bank of the United States in the over $1 billion financing of ten Boeing 787-8 “Dreamliner” aircraft for Ethiopian Airlines.
- PDP Deal of the Year – Vedder Price acted on behalf of Investec Bank in a $120 million revolving predelivery payment financing facility for 20 A320-200 aircraft being purchased by AWAS.
- ECA Deal of the Year – Vedder Price acted on behalf of Export-Import Bank of the United States in the first-of-its-kind prefunded export credit agency-backed capital markets transaction. The $299 million bond for LATAM Airlines Group S.A. financed two previously delivered 767 aircraft and prefunded two additional 767s.
With 50 professionals in Chicago, New York, Washington, DC, London and San Francisco, the Vedder Price Global Transportation Finance team is one of the largest, most experienced and best recognized global transportation finance practices in the world. The team represents all participants in aviation finance, including several of the world’s largest airlines, export credit agencies, internationally recognized banks and other financial institutions and significant international aircraft operating lessors.