Vedder Thinking | Events 2015 Employment Law Update, DC
October 28, 2015
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
555 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
Washington, DC 20001
Lunch to follow the program
Please join us for a complimentary half-day conference for in-house counsel and human resource professionals, led by the attorneys of Vedder Price, to discuss important legal updates and best practices in the employment arena. Specific focus will be paid to new employment law developments under both DC and federal law.
- Pregnancy Discrimination or Pregnancy Accommodation
- DC Update: Wage Theft Prevention Act / Fair Criminal Record Screening Act / Prohibition of Pre-Employment Marijuana Testing Act / Handguns in the Workplace
- Best Practices: Policies, Procedures & Training
- Responding to Local/State/Federal Charges of Discrimination (EEOC/VA/DC/MD)
- DOL Updates: Best Practices and Strategies
- What Does Same Sex Marriage Mean for Employers?
CLE & HRCI Credit
Assuming minimum requirements are met, Virginia, California, Illinois and New York CLE credit may be available. This program has been approved for general HRCI credit.
As guests of Vedder Price, please enjoy one complimentary two-day pass to the Newseum. Passes may be used for any two consecutive days during the remainder of the 2015 calendar year.