Defense of Broker/Dealers Vedder Service
Vedder Price’s defense team is well versed in representing broker-dealers and the highly regulated industry. We represent broker-dealers, their registered persons and others in a wide variety of matters ranging from pre-litigation inquiries and investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Justice, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and other self-regulatory organizations through federal and state court litigation, trials and appeals. We also regularly assist clients with the development, audit and testing of compliance policies, procedures and systems, and conduct internal investigations and mock examinations to proactively manage governmental scrutiny.
When you work with Vedder Price, you will be supported by a defense team with a deep level of knowledge and experience to provide you with skilled advice concerning regulatory, compliance, supervisory and operational issues unique to your business.
Our extensive experience includes matters relating to:
- Dual registrants and related compliance and fiduciary issues
- Sales practices and customer disputes
- Collateralized debt obligations, mortgage-backed securities, auction rate securities, hedge funds, variable annuities, exchange-traded funds and prime brokerage
- Insider trading and money laundering
- Representing a broker-dealer offering pooled investment vehicles in an investigation by the SEC
- Represented a currency trading firm and its principals in a FINRA enforcement proceeding alleging excessive markups and commissions as well as a state of Ohio investigation regarding the broker-dealer's ability to do business in the state
- Represented a broker-dealer and registered representative in a state of Indiana securities investigation involving the sale of variable annuities
- Represented multiple broker-dealers in various SEC investigations involving due diligence and compliance matters, private placement transactions, the suitability of capital raises and client investments, and sales practices