Vedder Thinking | Events David Hernandez to Speak at Annual NBAA Tax, Regulatory & Risk Management Conference
October 29, 2012
Vedder Price Shareholder David M. Hernandez, a member of the Global Transportation Finance team, and Co-chair of the Business Aircraft Sub-Practice Group, will speak on a panel titled “FAA/DOT Regulatory and Operational Issues” at the Annual National Business Aviation Association Tax, Regulatory & Risk Management Conference at 8:30 a.m. EDT. The session will discuss:
- Operating under Parts 91 and 135, including the role of management companies and charter operators
- Permissible charges and reimbursements under 91.501 (affiliated company, time sharing, interchanges, joint ownership)
- Why a flight department company should be avoided
- Part 375 and foreign civil aircraft operations
- Update on FAA policy changes regarding non-citizen trusts
- Detailed discussion of recent FAA chief counsel interpretations and orders impacting business aviation operations.
Mr. Hernandez will also participate as a Facilitator of the Workshop Table on “FAA/DOT Regulatory and Operational Issues”. This workshop explores a number of learning objectives, including the differences between Federal Aviation Regulations Part 91 and Part 135 as well as strategies and best practices for defending an FAA and DOT enforcement action.
This annual event features discussions on a wide range of topics essential to business aviation professionals, including federal, state and local regulatory policy and business aviation tax changes. For more information on this session, or to register, visit the conference website here.
+1 (202) 312 3340