Commodity Trading Vedder Service
Our attorneys regularly represent members of the commodities industry, including commodity trading advisors, commodity pool operators, futures commission merchants and introducing brokers.
We handle CFTC registration matters for commodity industry participants. We also advise industry participants on promotional materials and other compliance matters, such as position limits.
Additionally, our attorneys have substantial experience with the offering of public commodity pools and the preparation of CFTC-compliant disclosure documents.
Our broad experience includes:
- Registration and compliance, including helping clients determine whether certain exemptions are available
- Preparation of underlying disclosure documents and promotional materials
- Review and preparation of compliance policies and procedures
- Assistance with industry examinations, no-action and interpretative requests and regulatory interface
- Negotiation of solicitation agreements, brokerage agreements and other industry documentation