- Employment Class Action Defense
- Employment Law Training
- Employment Litigation and Avoidance
- Equal Opportunity/Discrimination Law
- Executive Compensation
- Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Higher Education
- Information Management & eDiscovery
- Information Technology
- Media & Entertainment
- Real Estate Industry
- Restrictive Covenants & Trade Secrets
- Trade & Professional Associations
- Wage & Hour Compliance
- Workplace Audits
- Workplace Counseling and Policies
Ayse Kuzucuoglu is an Associate in the firm’s Labor and Employment practice group.
Ms. Kuzucuoglu represents employers in California state and federal court litigation with emphasis on employment class actions and single-plaintiff cases involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful-termination claims. Ms. Kuzucuoglu has extensive experience counseling employers on a wide array of labor and employment–related matters, including wage-and-hour compliance, employee hiring and terminations, discipline, unemployment compensation and workplace policies tailored to prevent litigation.
In addition to assisting some of the nation’s largest employers in litigation and compliance issues, Ms. Kuzucuoglu is active in pro bono matters and serves as a volunteer asylum attorney to the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Prior to joining Vedder Price, Ms. Kuzucuoglu seconded as employment counsel at one of the largest retailers in the United States and provided advice and counsel to the company’s human resources team on a variety of employment issues, including, but not limited to, terminations, benefits and legal compliance. She also worked with outside counsel to manage various litigation matters and responded to several agency charges under direct supervision of general counsel.
While in law school, Ms. Kuzucuoglu was awarded the Sacramento County Bar Association Minority Fellowship. She is fluent in Turkish.
- University of California, Davis School of Law, J.D., 2007
- California State University, B.S., 2004, cum laude
- California, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2017
Member, San Francisco County Bar Association
Member, American Inns of Court, Edward McFetridge Inn